This course provides all of the Video and PDF resources referenced in my eBook - Mergers and Acquisitions How to Close M&A Deals.
There is no substitute for experience and discovering how to close Merger and Acquistion deals by a trial and error process is a really expensive way to learn!
So, having spent 30 years as an M&A Banker, I thought I would bring some of my experience to the table to help you discover the key issues you need to understand about Deal Closing!
The course is carefully structured into five easy to follow Sections:
- Getting Started – which covers some of the key issues
- The Due Diligence Process
- The Sale and Purchase Agreement
- Negotiation and Transaction Process Management
- Deal Closing
In this Course you will discover:
- Why you need to keep all the structuring variables in mind – its not just the price
- How to learn from what your counter parties do not just what they say
- Why everything is negotiable – even after you have signed
- What is meant by Due Diligence and why it is important
- How to make the most of your virtual Data Room
- The importance of managing the Due Diligence process from start to finish
- The purpose and composition of the Sale and Purchase Agreement
- Why you need to draft your Sale and Purchase Agreement concurrently with the Due Diligence Process
- The key issues you need to negotiate in the Sale and Purchase Agreement
- The complexities and issues which may unexpectedly arise and how to deal with them
- How to approach M&A Negotiation- and why its not as straightforward as you may think
- How to adapt to System 1 and System 2 thinking – and why the dominant System is error prone
- How to prepare for your negotiation with the other side
- How to manage the negotiation process to your advantage
- How to overcome obstacles to closing your deal
- Why its essential to keep the Principals in the deal fully involved
- Why you cannot afford to reopen agreed deal issues
- The importance of Timing in Deal Closing
- Some Complexities that might arise and you may not have thought about
- Whether to go for a virtual or in person closing and the risks involved
Every section in this course has a summary of the key learning points to reinforce the messages I am sharing with you.
Every Section has a Key Activity for you to complete.
Activity 1 Convene a Negotiation Strategy Meeting
Activity 2 Prepare your virtual Data Room
Activity 3 Deal Review and Deal Breakers Checklist
Activity 4 Prepare Your Deal Timetable
Activity 5 Prepare Your Deal Closing Checklist
A video lecture explains exactly what you need to do for each of these activities and includes templates to help you complete them.
If English is not your first language, this course is definitely for you.As you can see here every lecture includes the words of the script on the screen (more reliable than automated captions) and there is a downloadable PDF of the slide deck available for every lecture too, so that you can follow up easily
Enroll today and take a major step forward in learning how to close M&A Deals.
If you have any questions please reach out to me – I always love to hear from you and I look forward to working with you inside the course
Exceed Your Own Potential! Join My Student Community Today!
Learn from my Expertise in Business, Online Marketing and Entrepreneurship!
Would you like to discover how I have become one of the top Udemy Instructors with a five figure annual US$ income just from Udemy and How You Can Too?
Would you like to find out how to turn your Udemy expertise into an Affiliate income?
Would you like find out how Startups can raise capital?
Would you like to discover Social Media strategies to make your businesses grow faster?
Do you want to learn the secrets of strategies of successful Business Development?
Do you want to make money working from home with Amazon FBA?
Are you afraid of Public Speaking?
You can do all this and so much more with my Udemy Courses!
Why are over 27,000 Students Enrolled in my Udemy Courses?
Here is a little bit about Me...
Cambridge University Graduate
I have a Bachelors and a Masters Degree from Cambridge University in the UK (Magdalene College)
Master of Business AdministrationI graduated from Cass Business School in 1992 with an MBA with Distinction and also won the Tallow Chandler's prize for the best Dissertation.
British Army Officer
I spent nine years as a Commissioned British Army Officer, serving in Germany and the UK in the 1980s, retiring as a Captain. I graduated from the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (Britain's West Point) in 1984.
Investment Banking Career
I have spent over 25 years working as an Investment Banker, advising hundreds of companies about Strategy, Fund Raising and Mergers and Acquisitions. My experience ranges from advising Start up companies through to Billion $ Global Corporations. I am a Fellow of the Chartered Securities Institute here in the UK.
Online Marketing and Social Media
I have been active in Social Media since 2002 when I was an early member of eCademy. Since then I have my own blog, a podcast, a video channel and now am a leading online course instructor.
My current Podcast, The Online Learning Podcast, dedicated to eLearning and Udemy can be found as a free course below.
Enrol in one of my Courses Today - Start your Success Journey with Me now!
I relish the opportunity to interact and engage with you to share ideas and inspiration! Please ask me any questions you might have about my courses - I may not have an immediate answer, but I will find it!
Because of my experience, I am also available for coaching/mentoring to people who have completed my courses and are putting their new skills to work on real projects. Contact me through Udemy or the links below my profile picture. I am here to help!
Come and join my "Online Learning Club" group on Facebook - interact with more passionate Life Long Learners! Just click on the Facebook link below my photo on this page and ask to join!
A Bit about Me!
I live with my wife in a 14th Century Medieval Hall house in Wiltshire in England with our Border Collie, Henry. I love wine, first edition books and vintage toy cars - quite keen on lego too! :)
How can I best serve you?
Join my community of over 69,000 Students, Enrol Today!
Start2.1 Mergers and Acquisitions Deal Closing Getting Started
Start2.2 Its not just about the Price
Start2.3 Actions speak louder than Words
Start2.4 Everything is always negotiable even after you have signed
Start2.5 Deal Closing Introduction Key Learning Points
StartActivity 1 - Convene a Negotiation Strategy Meeting (3:21)