Welcome to Why Acquisitions REALLY fail!
Are you ready to discover why so many corporations and CEOs get it so wrong!
Make sure that you watch the Free Preview Lectures (first 8 course lectures) of this course!
This course will provide you with an in depth framework which you can apply to any acquisition or M&A transaction - this goes well beyond the conventional excuses of overpayment or bad management
With over 30 years of M&A experience, I am sharing knowledge with you that you will not be taught in Business School!
This unwraps this problem layer by layer moving beyond superficial explanations.
We consider the impact of:
- Business Momentum
- Ill Judged incentivisation
- Inappropriate Performance Measurement
- Behavioural Economics and Psychology
- Skewed Investment Banking Advice
We also consider the RIGHT way to make acquisitions following the Berkshire Hathaway Model and we propose more appropriate measures of acquisition success and performance.
“The most important investment you can make is in yourself.”
Warren Buffet, Chairman Berkshire Hathaway
In this course you will discover:
- Why the conventional explanations are merely excuses
- Why the Institutional imperative makes bad deals inevitable
- Why CEO remuneration makes the problem worse
- Why Yard Sticks of Success are inappropriate
- The reasons CEOs make bad decisions
- Why you have to Wake Up to Wall Street
- How the Berkshire Hathaway System Works
- The Better Measures of Success you should use
"The best thing a human being can do is to help another human being know more"
Charlie Munger, Billionaire and Vice Chairman Berkshire Hathaway
By the end of the course not only will you have a clear in depth understanding of this complex issue
You will also have a proven framework for making successful acquisitions
There are no pre-requisites or requirements to enroll but just come with an open mind and be ready to immerse yourself in a rewarding, easy to follow, instructive experience.
Over 100,000 students in my community have enjoyed my courses and you can too!
So enroll today!
We look forward to welcoming you to the course!
What Will Students Learn in this Course:
- Move beyond the superficial: Why conventional explanations of failed acquisitions do not go far enough
- Business Momentum: Understand the Institutional Imperative and why it makes bad deals inevitable
- Incentives: Why CEO remuneration makes the problem worse
- Performance Measurement: Why Yard Sticks of Success are inappropriate and don't work
- Behavioural Economics: The real reasons CEOs make bad decisions
- Investment Banking Advice: Why you have to Wake Up to Wall Street
- How to Make Successful Acquisitions: How the Berkshire Hathaway System Works
- How to correctly measure acquisition success: Better Measures of Success you should use
What are the requirements or prerequisites for taking your course?
There are no pre-requisites or experience levels required for this course
Who is this course for?
- Business Owners and CEOs who are considering making an acquisitions
- Investment Bankers and Advisers who guide their clients on Mergers and Acquisitions
- Finance Professionals seeking to move into Investment Banking and Finance careers
- Investors and Fund Managers who need to better understand the destructive impact of poor acquisition deal
Exceed Your Own Potential! Join My Student Community Today!
Learn from my Expertise in Business, Online Marketing and Entrepreneurship!
Would you like to discover how I have become one of the top Udemy Instructors with a five figure annual US$ income just from Udemy and How You Can Too?
Would you like to find out how to turn your Udemy expertise into an Affiliate income?
Would you like find out how Startups can raise capital?
Would you like to discover Social Media strategies to make your businesses grow faster?
Do you want to learn the secrets of strategies of successful Business Development?
Do you want to make money working from home with Amazon FBA?
Are you afraid of Public Speaking?
You can do all this and so much more with my Udemy Courses!
Why are over 27,000 Students Enrolled in my Udemy Courses?
Here is a little bit about Me...
Cambridge University Graduate
I have a Bachelors and a Masters Degree from Cambridge University in the UK (Magdalene College)
Master of Business AdministrationI graduated from Cass Business School in 1992 with an MBA with Distinction and also won the Tallow Chandler's prize for the best Dissertation.
British Army Officer
I spent nine years as a Commissioned British Army Officer, serving in Germany and the UK in the 1980s, retiring as a Captain. I graduated from the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (Britain's West Point) in 1984.
Investment Banking Career
I have spent over 25 years working as an Investment Banker, advising hundreds of companies about Strategy, Fund Raising and Mergers and Acquisitions. My experience ranges from advising Start up companies through to Billion $ Global Corporations. I am a Fellow of the Chartered Securities Institute here in the UK.
Online Marketing and Social Media
I have been active in Social Media since 2002 when I was an early member of eCademy. Since then I have my own blog, a podcast, a video channel and now am a leading online course instructor.
My current Podcast, The Online Learning Podcast, dedicated to eLearning and Udemy can be found as a free course below.
Enrol in one of my Courses Today - Start your Success Journey with Me now!
I relish the opportunity to interact and engage with you to share ideas and inspiration! Please ask me any questions you might have about my courses - I may not have an immediate answer, but I will find it!
Because of my experience, I am also available for coaching/mentoring to people who have completed my courses and are putting their new skills to work on real projects. Contact me through Udemy or the links below my profile picture. I am here to help!
Come and join my "Online Learning Club" group on Facebook - interact with more passionate Life Long Learners! Just click on the Facebook link below my photo on this page and ask to join!
A Bit about Me!
I live with my wife in a 14th Century Medieval Hall house in Wiltshire in England with our Border Collie, Henry. I love wine, first edition books and vintage toy cars - quite keen on lego too! :)
How can I best serve you?
Join my community of over 69,000 Students, Enrol Today!